Skip to main content
alumni & friends
parents & families
Staff & Faculty
Calendars & Events
Reset HSU Password
Tuition & Fee Payment
Through Student Center
Explore, Experience, Achieve
Find us at
Lower Library 27, M-F 9am to 4pm
Call us at
Networking Tips for Shy People
– 5 simple ways to make job-search connections
Worst Resume Blunders
– What can you learn from these dreadful gaffes?
Emerging Jobs in Social Media
– Blog and tweet your way to a new career.
6 Reasons They Didn't Call You Back
– Are They Just Not That Into You?
10 Job-Search Mistakes of New College Grads
– People entering the job market (and all job seekers) should avoid these common errors.
6 Career-Killing Facebook Mistakes
– Don't make these Facebook faux-pas - they might cost you a great opportunity. Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.
How to Prepare for Career Expo
– What to do before, during & after!
Tackling Table Manners
– If business meals were like American Football, would your team be ready for The Big Game?
Finding a Job: It's a Lot Like Dating
– Although the task of finding a job may seem tough, it's really quite simple when you compare it to dating!
More Employers Screening Candidates via Social Networking Sites
– Five tips for creating a positive online image
7 Ways to Wreck Your Job Interview
– Often, a simple mistake can cause an applicant to blow the entire meeting. Here are some errors to avoid:
Interview insights: 10 ways to make the most of the first 10 minutes
– You only have one chance to make a good first impression, and you only have a few minutes to do just that in a job interview.
New grads: what to do when you can't get the jobs you want
– What should graduates do when the jobs they've dreamed of have dried up?
10 boilerplate phrases that kill resumes
– Here are the worst 10 boilerplate phrases - the ones to seek out and destroy in your resume as soon as possible
Follow Idealist.org on Twitter
– "If you live or want to work in California, New York City, or Washington, DC, you might want to follow Idealist job listing feed
Cover letters that catch the eye
– Throw away your form letter. These days, getting your cover letter noticed means getting creative.
Ten questions never to ask in job interviews
– "So, do you have any questions for me?"
12 Things to Ponder Before Taking Your First Job
– Finding your first job is easy. Dream on.
5 Ways to Get the Job You Want
– in Any Economy
Business Week's 50 Best Internships
– Check it out!
Appointments or Drop-ins
Understanding Your Degree
Humboldt State University