Find us at Lower Library 27 - Virtual and In-Person (TBA) Fall 2021, Monday through Friday 9am to 4pm
Call us at 707.826.3341
Humboldt State University’s Academic and Career Advising Center (ACAC) strives to provide individualized and culturally responsible services and resources to all HSU students and alumni. The Academic and Career Advising Center is here to help you succeed in your present goals and plan your future. Many first- and second-year students have assigned academic advisors, depending on your degree path, but all students can come in for questions about GE requirements, DARS review, and other topics related to academics. All students have a career advisor based on their major that can help with career exploration, developing your résumé, and applying to jobs, internships and graduate school. Once we are back on campus, we also have computers available for student use, informative handouts, a career library, and the Career Clothing Closet with free professional clothes!
The Academic and Career Advising Center is virtual and in-person for fall 2021.
ACAC Website: acac.humboldt.edu - ACAC maintains a dynamic website with a wide variety of helpful resources, including major/career exploration, undeclared resources, jobs/internships, academic resources, Un/DACA information, identity-based resources, and graduate school resources for students.
ZOOM Virtual Drop-In hours: Monday – Friday, 10 am – 1 pm: Quick academic and career advice and drop-in resume/cover letter review. ZOOM: https://humboldtstate.zoom.us/j/88296161353
Peer Advisors: Peer advisors, as well as our professional staff, are available during drop-in hours for quick advice. Drop-ins are handy for the following types of services:
• Job Search Basics • Basic DARS Review • Quick Resume Review • Declaring a Major/Major Change • Adding a Minor • Navigating HSU Handshake • How to Use DARS Degree Planner • Cover Letter Review
HSU Handshake: Search for campus jobs, internships, summer jobs, community service, work-study, etc. Register for workshops and special events. Visit acac.humboldt.edu/hsu-handshake to learn more and get registered.
Academic and Career Advisors: Please call 707-826-3341 or email email@example.com to make an appointment. Our helpful team of academic and career advisors can help you get the most out of your college experience with the following and much more during an individual appointment:
• Academic Planning & 4- Year Plans • Full-time Job Search • DARS Questions • Resumes & Cover Letters • Major Change Advising • GE Information • Internship Search • Federal Work Study • Mock Interview • Volunteer Opportunities • Career Assessment • Adding a Second Major • Graduate School Application • How to use DARS Degree Planner •Withdrawal or Transfer Information
Events and Skillshops: Visit the ACAC skillshops calendar.
• Part-time Job Fair – August
• Graduate & Professional School Fair – September
• Internship Week – October
• Career & Volunteer Expo – February
• Educator Job Fair – March
Sample of Skillshops:
• How to Find Part-Time Jobs - Fall/ Spring
• How to Find an Internship - Fall/ Spring
• Getting the Most out of Career Expo – Spring
• Research Graduate Schools - Fall/ Spring
• DARS Degree Planner Skillshops - Fall/Spring
Advisor Presentations: Looking for professional development opportunities for your on-campus club or organization? Request an advisor to give a group presentation on subjects like resume development, job search, or schedule planning for your class, club, or student group. Click here to access the ACAC Presentation Request Form. (Please submit request at least two weeks prior to your preferred presentation date.)